80,000 Miles and The Entire Continent of Africa in a Jeep Wrangler
“After driving 6,000 miles through six countries in six months across West Africa, Dan Grec a.k.a. The Road Chose Me, is truly living the adventurous Jeep brand life.” – Jeep
We stumbled upon Dan Grec’s “The Road Chose Me” Facebook page via a post on Jeep’s Facebook and we were instantly obsessed. If you are a Jeep fan who dreams of adventure, this The Road Chose Me is a Facebook page you will want to follow. Dan Grec, the man behind the page is a writer, adventurer, and true lover of the Jeep brand who takes crazy trips and shares them along the way. This is his job (jealous, right?).
Dan’s latest adventure is a two year trek across the entire continent of Africa. He will ride roughly 80,000 miles and explore all kinds of new places in his modified Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Check out some of the features and mods to his awesome Jeep Wrangler Rubicon:
Vehicle, Mechanical and Performance
- 2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
- 3.6-liter V6 gasoline engine.
- Six-speed manual transmission.
- 4.10 axle ratios and a 4:1 transfer case ratio.
- 34-inch all-terrain BF Goodrich tires and steel Mopar 17-inch wheels.
- Front, rear and engine skid plates.
- 2.5-inch lift with Geometry Correction brackets.
Exterior and Interior
- Pop-up camper roof.
- Removed back seats with custom cabinets and storage space.
- Awning/sun shade built into the rear.
Turning the Jeep into a home
- 12 gallon drinking water tank built under body.
- 35L Dometic CTX-35 fridge built into interior with backup batteries so it can run without the engine being on.
- Built-in single burner gas stove.
- Solar panels to charge batteries.
- Additional filled gas tanks.
Want your own Jeep Wrangler to mod out for adventures? Check out our huge inventory of Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited models at Hollywood Chrysler Jeep here.