A Look at the All-New 2017 Jeep Compass
The all-new 2017 Jeep Compass is an advanced and fuel efficient vehicle with world-class capabilities both on and off-road. Between the engine and transmission options, the new Compass Trailhawk trim option, and the redesign, the Compass is different than ever before, and people are loving it. Don’t worry, the style still resembles a rugged and sleek SUV Jeep wouldn’t have it any other way.
Engines and Performance
There are two engine options for the new 2017 Jeep Compass. Both of these engines are capable and fuel efficient, especially in comparison to other SUVs.
- 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine: This engine is the base engine which comes standard on the base Compass trim and lower level trims. This engine produces up to 158 horsepower and 141 lb-ft of torque. This engine has amazing fuel economy of 23 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway.
- 2.4-liter Tigershark I4 engine: The 2.4-liter engine is the upgraded engine option, which comes standard on with the Trailhawk trim. This engine produces up to 172 horsepower, 165 lb-ft of torque, and has an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 22 mpg in the city and 25 mpg on the highway.
Technology is important. This SUV is technologically advanced in both entertainment and safety technology. Check it out.
- Anti-lock brakes.
- Traction control.
- Stability control.
- Emergency braking assistance.
- Dusk sensing headlamps.
- SiriusXM radio.
- A four-speaker audio system.
- AUX input and USB port media hub.
The exterior of the new Jeep Compass keeps the aggressive style you look for in a Jeep, but has gone through a pretty large redesign. The interior is comfortable and spacious.
- Painted 17-inch alloy wheels.
- All-season tires.
- Seven-color options.
- Two interior color options.
- Standard cloth seats, available leather option.
- Leather tilt and adjust steering wheel.
New Compass Trailhawk Trim
The Trailhawk trim is not new to Jeep, but is new to the Compass. This model is an off-road beast, with standard features to ensure a safe and capable off-road ride through pretty much any terrain.
- Red tow hooks for safety when your get stuck (two in the front, one in the back).
- Skid plates, raised ride height, and “trail-friendly” front fascia.
- All-terrain tires, and 18-inch wheels.
- Standard 2.4-liter I4 engine.
- 4X4 drive and a Trail Rated badge.
- Jeep Active Drive Low 4×4 system and Selec-Terrain system. The Selec-Terrain system has the ability to control and change traction depending on terrain to allow for optimal safety. Terrain modes include rock, mud, snow, auto, and sand. The Jeep Active Drive Low system includes a rear axle disconnect system, a 20:1 crawl ratio, and low-speed traction when needed (for example pulling your boat trailer out on a lake).
Check out our inventory of Jeep Compass vehicles at Hollywood Chrysler Jeep here.
Photo source: Jeep.com