FCA Introduces new Uconnect Market Feature
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) continues its race to provide the best in-vehicle technology, with the launch of a new Uconnect Market to complement the Uconnect infotainment system. The new platform gives customers the opportunity to find the nearest gas station, save on fuel purchases, conveniently order food or even go as far as to make dinner reservations. All these services, all available from the comfort of their vehicles.
FCA claims that the new platform is the easiest way for owners to skip lines and save time, be it ordering ahead, reserving a table, or even locating and authorizing pump-and-pay fuel services at a participating location. Drivers can even locate and pay for nearby available parking. Even scheduling service appointments at FCA dealerships is a breeze with the latest platform. The best perk of this new platform? Owners will never have to reach for their physical credit card as it will be integrated directly on the platform.
“Our customers live busy lives, and our goal with the Uconnect platform is to provide an advanced portfolio of services to make their daily drive more convenient, productive and enjoyable. This is why we are launching a Uconnect Market, as we continue to ramp-up our connectivity efforts around the world with the goal of having all new FCA vehicles connected by 2022,” said Alan D’Agostini, Global Head of Connected Services, FCA.
The following brands have already agreed to participate in the Uconnect Market platform at launch – Shell, Park Whiz, Yelp Reservations and Domino’s. As for the platform itself, Uconnect Market will include the following services at launch:
- Parking: Locate, book and pay for a parking space at thousands of garages in North America through the ParkWhiz app.
- Wallet: Vehicle owners can enroll a credit card for use with the selected services provided by the Uconnect Market partners.
- Food: The Uconnect Market platform is fully integrated with Yelp to display a list of nearby restaurants. Said restaurants are then divided by category, while owners can also make reservations at other participating restaurants as well.
- Service: National Mopar service offers will be available on the Market, with the ability for owners to locate nearby certified Mopar service centers and schedule service appointments.
- Fuel: Vehicle owners can search for nearby fuel stations and authorizing a fuel pump charge at any nearby participating Shell stations – all while using the Shell Pay & Save program.
The Uconnect Market to complement the existing infotainment system and improve vehicle connectivity was developed in partnership with Seattle-based company Xevo. The new platform will launch during the second half of 2019 as an over-the-air update on existing 2019 model-year vehicles. 2020 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram vehicles will already come equipped with the connected services. The feature will remain as a carryover feature on future models that come equipped with the 8.4-inch touchscreen display.
Follow Hollywood Chrysler Jeep on social media to stay up to date with the latest FCA news. Already own a 2019 FCA vehicle? Come by Hollywood Chrysler Jeep and let our experts help you with the over-the-air update once the Uconnect Market is released later this year.